Payment of Fees and Insurance
Dr. Carr is an out-of-network provider, meaning she does not participate on insurance panels. Patients are responsible for payment at the time of session either by check or cash. Dr. Carr provides monthly invoices, marked as paid, that patients then submit directly to their insurance company for direct reimbursement. If you require guidance in submitting claims, she is available to help.
Questions to ask your insurance carrier when considering psychotherapy:
- What type of plan have I got?
- Does my plan cover mental health services?
- Does my plan cover out-of-network services?
- How much is my annual deductible and has it been met?
- Is there an annual limit on sessions covered?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care provider?
Please be advised that failure to cancel a scheduled session within at least 24 hours advanced notice will result in a charge of the full session fee.
Ready to get started? Call Dr. Carr now at 914.713.5058!